Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Neil Young: I Love Him

Neil Young is one of my favorite musicians and songwriters ever. He's been making music since the 1950s, and, over the course of his career, has crossed into many genres (some more successfully than others), but he's never failed to keep things interesting. His next album is supposedly going to be all about electric cars, and I'm sure it will be completely bizarre. Even on ridiculous albums such as this (and his last one, Living with War, all about the war in Iraq), he often manages to drop some worthwhile tracks, and these tracks, combined with those from his 31 other studio albums (that's not including the work he's done with other groups!), compose the unbelievably expansive and eclectic catalog that I'm so fond of. This week's Lala playlist features some of my favorite songs of his. I've included some quiet, somber love songs, and some thrashy rock songs (well, one, to be exact), and others that fall somewhere in between. I hope you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment