Wednesday, March 4, 2009

"Uhhhh" Podcast

I have a friend who has a bizarre habit of saying, "uhhhhhh" whenever he/she hears a song that has a certain sound (I've refrained from specifying their gender so as to protect the identity of the innocent). I'm not sure I can describe in words the type of songs that might evoke this response, so I've begun this week's podcast with "Spliff Mood" by Ooklah the Moc, which almost always brings out an "uhhhhh" from him/her. Listen to about 2 or 3 seconds of it and see if you don't feel the strange desire to make this grunt/groaning noise. The mix gets progressively more mellow and ends with a nice, relaxed reggae song. The playlist is eclectic -- it even includes a rap song (!) -- but hopefully not so much that it doesn't flow.

Also, I'm going to try using a Lala playlist as well as a podcast to provide more listening options, so let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Click here for the podcast.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I just noticed there's an acoustic Modest Mouse cover in here. This is NOT the one I have bitched about but I do essentially hate this one as well. Damn you, Economix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha... I have a love-hate relationship with Modest Mouse, but I think the Sun Kil Moon cover is great.

    ReplyDelete