Sunday, April 12, 2009

Ooklah the Moc Is Coming to California

Ooklah the Moc, my favorite reggae band, recently announced they'd play a few shows on the west coast, which means I'll get to see them in person for the first time. The band is based in Hawaii and seems to tour the islands extensively throughout the year, but they don't make it to the mainland all that often. Tickets to see them in San Clemente, CA are only $15, and a friend who saw them last year said he doesn't expect them to sell out even the small "grill and concert hall" they're booked at. I don't understand why they're not more popular than they are -- I'd literally rather see them live than any other active reggae band -- but I'm not complaining. Being able to see some of my favorite artists perform in small venues for less than $30 (you may recall I recently went to a Four Tet show, which was awesome) is quite a privelege. This week's Lala playlist features music by Ooklah the Moc and BW (the solo project of Ooklah member and friend-of-a-friend Brad Watanabe). If you enjoy the music, go check out one of their shows!

2 comments:

  1. you'll love them live. i think they are sooooooooooooo much better live than recording.

    ReplyDelete