Sunday, May 3, 2009

Four Tet & Burial Collaborate on 12" Vinyl Release

Four Tet and Burial have teamed up to release a two-track LP on vinyl. It isn't clear at this point whether it'll be released officially online, but the tracks -- "Moth" and "Wolf Cub" -- are embedded below, and you shouldn't have too much trouble finding somewhere to download them if you're interested. It seems the hard copy is sold out in a lot of places, but I went ahead and ordered one from this site that's shipping it to me from England. I've listened to the tracks several times, and I enjoyed both of them.

Kieran Hebden (a.k.a. Four Tet) has previously worked with jazz drummer Steve Reid, and I find the duo to be a bit awkward, with the drums often seemingly overpowered by Hebden's glitchy electronic tinkerings. Though it's not clear what each artist contributed to the Burial/Four Tet tracks, I'd say they're strong both melodically and rhythmically. Hopefully we'll hear more from this duo (or at least from Four Tet) soon! I'll keep you posted if the tracks become officially available online.

No comments:

Post a Comment